CA for VA: Californians Helping to Keep the Virginia House Blue
with Delegates Danica Roem and Alfonso Lopez
Featuring special guests Congressman Jimmy Gomez and Senator Ben Allen
Wednesday, October 13, 6 – 7:30 PM
William Turner Gallery, Bergamot Station
2525 Michigan Avenue E-1, Santa Monica
The first battle of the 2022 Midterms is happening RIGHT NOW in Virginia. Let’s send a message to the nation that we are NOT going backward!
Virginia Delegates Danica Roem & Alfonso Lopez need your help to DEFEND the Blue Majority! Two years ago, Democrats created the first progressive majority in Virginia history. With that slim a majority, House Democrats brought sweeping progressive change to the Commonwealth, including:
- Ratified the Equal Rights Amendment
- First State in the South to Abolish the Death Penalty
- First State in the South to Enact a State Voting Rights Act
- Legalized marijuana for adult use
- Finally provided significant protections for the LGBTQ+ community
- Passed Sensible Gun Violence Prevention measures
- Advanced Women’s Reproductive Freedom
- Provided stronger immigrant & New American protections – and passed the Virginia DREAM Act
- Passed significant Criminal Justice Reform
- Set progressive environmental standards and priorities – including passing the Virginia Clean Economy Act – comprehensively addressing renewable energy and climate change
- Enhanced rights for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence
All these amazing achievements — and countless others — can be rolled back by a Republican takeover this November.
We will be joined by Virginia Delegates Alfonso Lopez and Danica Roem, Congressman Jimmy Gomez, California State Senator Ben Allen, and a growing list of host committee members to raise funds in an effort to defend the state’s Democratic trifecta in the upcoming statewide elections. Your contribution will help them fight the millions of dollars of Trump Republican money coming into Virginia.