The Pacific Palisades Democratic Club (aka PaliDems or PPDC) has come a long way since a group of politically active Palisadians incorporated a local Democratic club in the 1950s. We remain just as committed to meaningful change today — in California, the nation and the world — as we were on day one.
Most importantly, the club has a membership base that supports progressive ideals. They donate to the cause, attend events, and, when it's safe, show up for canvassing, phone banking, and advocacy of local, state, and national issues and candidates.
Board meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month,
6:45 - 8:45 PM, at various locations, though of late of course we're distancing and on Zoom.
Call 310-230-2084 or email us if you're interested in attending!
The Pacific Palisades Democratic Club (aka PaliDems, or PPDC) is one of the largest, most active Democratic clubs in Southern California. Since our founding in the 1950s, we've been working to insure that the following Democratic values and goals stay or become fundamental American priorities:
Women’s access to abortion and contraception
Scientific research and development
Electing progressive Democrats to city, state, county, and federal offices
Environmental protection, addressing climate change
Improved and expanded Medicare-for-All, single-payer system
The list goes on -- click here to read more
Our guiding principle is to advance a progressive agenda for justice and social welfare. We're focused on the following priorities, working to insure each remains integral to the Democratic Party platform:
- Women’s access to abortion and contraception
- Scientific research and development
- Electing progressive Democrats to city, state, county, and federal offices not just in California, but nationwide
- Environmental protection and addressing climate change
- Medicare-for-All, single-payer system
- A living wage tied to inflation
- Expanding Social Security and the social safety net
- World class K-12 public education and tuition-free public college
- Social and racial justice
- Voting rights for all
- Gun- and ammunition-safety legislation
- Immigration reform with a path to citizenship
- Restoring the middle class and reducing wealth disparity
- Overturning Citizens United and getting corporate money out of politics
Perhaps the most influential and exciting job the PaliDems take on is the opening of a Westside Democratic Headquarters every Presidential election year.
(And thanks to your generosity, we were able to support the first-ever Blue Wave Midterms HQ in 2018!)
These HQs train and equip thousands of volunteers to make calls and texts to Get Out The Vote in swing states for national races, and in California for local ones ... host candidates and ballot proposition forums ... feature debate-watch and other parties and events ... charter buses to Las Vegas for voter registration and canvassing ... and provide a gathering place (virtual for now, but we hope in person come September) for anyone who wants to make a difference and help Democrats win.
They also host our famed collections of election swag, featuring a bigger in-person selection of election merch than you're likely to find anywhere else in L.A. Though until we're able to meet in person, you can find our new, online 2020 campaign goodies storefront here.
Read the full HQ story here
Visit the HQ website here